Highly acclaimed for her phrasing and her heart-felt performances, Missoni Lanza's new music is honest and unguarded. For the last six years, Missoni has been captivating audiences throughout the States and abroad singing jazz and her original music. She has shared the stage with artists such as Tom Scott, Kim Carnes, Larry Dunlap, Rob Wasserman (Grateful Dead), Nicole Atkins, Dylan Leblanc, Laurence Hobgood, Marc Broussard, and more. Her song, “I’ll Always Be A Stranger,” was a finalist in two categories for the International Songwriting Competition and the Unsigned Only Songwriting Competition. Missoni is currently working on her highly anticipated debut album which is set to be released in 2019.
AWARDS & ACCREDITATIONS
- 2006 Selected as a featured artist at the "Chick Singer-Songwriter Showcase" at the Bitter End in New York, NY
- 2006 Within a Claustrophobic Imagination EP Released
- 2006 Cover and two page article in Shreveport Times
- 2010 Amore EP Released
- 2012 "I'll Always Be A Stranger" from Amore EP selected as a semi-finalist in the International Songwriting Competition in two categories
- 2012 "I'll Always Be A Stranger" from Amore EP selected as a semi-finalist in the Unsigned Only Songwriting Competition in two categories
- 2013 two page feature in Ojai Newspaper for Ojai Jazz Festival
- Shared stages with Nicole Atkins, Dylan Leblanc, Kristin Diable, Marc Broussard, Dana Fuchs, Rob Wasserman (Grateful Dead) Tom Scott, Larry Dunlap, Laurence Hobgood, Kim Carnes, Angie Mattson (In The Valley Below), Kurt Elling and more.
- Performed for two years with Suzanne Vega's Band (Doug Yowell, Billy Masters and Mike Visceglia)
- Vocally trained with Linda Septien from Septien Music Group (Demi Lovato, Beyonce, Selena Gomez) 2006 - Present
SELECT HIGHLIGHT VENUES & DESTINATIONS PERFORMANCES
- Bitter End, NY (Sold Out)
- Red River Revel Music Festival Shreveport, LA (2008, 2009, 2010)
- Columbia City Theater MainStage Seattle, WA
- Triple Door MainStage Seattle, WA (Sold Out)
- KEXP Venue Seattle, WA
- Hearst Castle San Simeon, CA (2016, 2017)
- Pacific Union Club San Francisco, CA
- Bohemian Club San Francisco, CA
- Hotel Nationale Habana, Cuba
- Joe Pass Jazz Festival Gualtieri, Sicily
- Ojai Jazz Festival Ojai, CA
- Lakedale Resort Jazz Festival San Juan Island, WA
- Also has performed at various International venues in Italy, Croatia, The Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Hungary and Cuba
REVIEWS & TESTIMONIALS
"Your phrasing is masterful."
“I have seen the future of new jazz, and it’s name is Missoni Lanza.”
"You are making Peggy Lee a footnote."
"Norah Jones on acid."
"Missoni sees the world as none other of her peers do, as a multi-layered source of inspiration, as a terrible beauty, as a beautiful terror. Her creative writing shows depth of thought. Her guitar performances have proven moving, and she has a singing voice good for both light verse and for more thought-provoking ballads."
Performing "East of the Sun" at Silo's in Napa Valley, CA with Brian Nova, Terry Miller and Andy Fraga.